Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Time In The Affiliate Marketing World's Trenches...

So, about two weeks ago I decided that I was going to give the online marketing thing another go. I had tried before but I really wasn't sure what I was doing and my head was in the wrong place. Anyway this time I tell myself, it'll be better.

I had been watch this other online marketer for over a year, in fact she was the one I had tried it with the first time. Anyway, she's pretty awesome at it. She's making unbelievable amounts of money. I'm talking 2 to 3 thousand dollars a week. I figure hell, I can do this.

So I take the plunge. I go all in... With $25... It'll take me I'm thinking about a week to train, after all I want to do this the right way. If I told you how much information was coming at me, well it was just amazing. I couldn't tell which end was up, I couldn't sleep at night thinking about all the training that I didn't do. Now understand, I'm no spring chicken, This brain of mine has been through a lot over the years. So between my sponsors training, the business that I bought into's training. Oh, then of course I needed a capture page, there was that training. Oh by the way that was it's own lead company too that of course I just had to buy into - that had training. I'm practically going cross-eyed because did I mention? I'm doing this while working full time.

Now, lets talk about the money. So now I'm pulling out my credit cards that almost all are maxed out. The $25 wasn't so bad. But I really wanted a capture page, what's the sense of having a website if you can't get the name and email of anyone who's interested in what you have to offer? That's $30 a month. I tell myself, that it's okay, I'll make that back and then some so long as I follow the training. Of course as I said earlier I had to buy in to their leads system as well. That was another $23.95. I had to do it! Look at all the money I was going to make. So lets see, now I'm down $25 plus $30 so that's $55. Plus the $23.95 so that's a total of $73.95. I had already paid my $25, I needed $53.95 more. I found one credit card that I could put that on! I'm now a proud business owner of two companies! I'm excited! But wait, there's more...

While my head is about ready to explode with all the information going into it (I hope), my sponsor comes up with this unbelievable company and if I get in right now I will automatically have people under me! Oh God! I need this! So, you guessed it. I found the $95.00 that I needed to make that happen. But here’s the thing. At this point I am so overwhelmed that I can’t even concentrate on this new company.
So I let it sit. For this one I had to buy the products, try them and basically love them and talk about them. Sell them. Sell the business. I have to tell you. The products are amazing. They work! However, while waiting for my product from this company (which I’ll tell you more about later) the training that I’ve been doing is starting to sink in (I think) and I start posting on Facebook!
I’m joining groups like crazy. Word to the wise, don’t join more than 20 groups an hour. So I’m posting and one of the groups that I post in really takes off. I think I got about 87 requests for info! I was going CRAZY! This was amazing. However I forgot to tell you that the company that I went with for my lead capture page, although they an automated email system in place, it’s not for this particular product. Those emails are for the lead program that I just had to have but haven’t work yet and I can’t figure out how to get the emails that I need for my first company. So I’m doing emails by hand. Confused? It get worse. A couple of days later I decide to start posting again. And lo and behold Facebook decide that I’m posting too much and they decide to put me in Facebook jail for two and a half weeks! Which simply means I cannot post anything… ANYTHING, for two and a half weeks! Now I’m just starting my business! This is very detrimental! If you join to too many groups at one time Facebook jails you. If you post to too many groups at one time Facebook jails you. And you have absolutely no recourse.
So my sponsor had said that she has 3 different Facebook accounts and there is always one in Facebook jail at any time. So…. I thought that I would just go and make a new Facebook account so that I can continue posting. Makes sense, right? I made a new Facebook account, and start joining groups. I’m in business! Woot! Wrong! Again, like I’m ridiculous or something. Once again, I joined to many groups at one time! Ugh! But wait. There’s more…

No comments:

Post a Comment